Wednesday 15 April 2009

My First Podcast!

Get me! Used Audacity to record a short sound bite of myself speaking using my recently purchased Logitec headphones, saved the file. Created an account with www.podomatic.com where the MP3 file could be uploaded to. Then sent the html text via it's "share" facility to my own blog! How great is that. (For those of you who don't want to use 3rd party applications to upload sound files use typepad.com for your blog. It costs a small amount but I'm assured it's a bit more flexible than blogger in terms of sound files etc...). A big thanks to Joe Dale for pointing me in the right direction with this and for the earlier Audacity tutorial. I see no end of possibilities ahead with personal or classroom use. No webcam use means no child protection issues (although I will double check that as one cannot be too careful these days). I might trial a webcam version of myself too, but that can wait until I've washed my hair...


No comments:

Foreign Delights

  • Du vin!
  • Emmental
  • Gratin Dauphinoise

Foreign Favourites

  • Lyon, France
  • Bejing, China
  • Lausanne, Switzerland

Favourite French Films

  • La Haine
  • L'Appartement
  • Ma Vie en Rose
  • La Reine Margot